Sam Hoskins Simon Double
ROA ELECTIONS – JOINT STATEMENT FROM CANDIDATES SAM HOSKINS & SIMON DOUBLE
Racehorse owners are key to British Racing and yet are too often overlooked and under-represented in the industry. Having been owners for 18 years and been involved in the industry for 33 years, we have the knowledge and experience to make a real difference.
We are particularly keen to represent syndicates and clubs. This will be even more important post-Covid-19.
Specifically, we will campaign for the following:
- Owners’ Badges: Increase allocation for syndicates with a minimum of 10 owners badges plus 2 per syndicators, ie extending the Jockey Club RSA scheme across all racecourses
- Ownership Experience: Racecourse facilities including car parks and owners’ rooms are often overcrowded. Queuing to collect badges is outdated and slow. We want to work with racecourses to find solutions to benefit everyone.
- Equine Welfare: Make it easier for Owners to find homes for retired horses and improve transparency at sales to protect both the horses and the owners who are purchasing.
- Syndicate Registration Costs: Reduce the cost of new syndicate and club registration costs and annual renewal fees.
- Live Racing: Access for all owners to watch free live racing when they cannot attend.
Thank you for your support.
Sam Hoskins & Simon Double
ROA Members – YOUR VOTE MATTERS
Voting will be conducted online this year, so look out for an email from ROA outlining the candidates who are standing and the voting instructions in late April. If you wish to receive the voting forms by post please contact he ROA at: [email protected]