The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Racehorse Syndicates Association was held at 9.45am on 28th November 2022
The meeting was held over Zoom.
Apologies were received from Alan Crombie
The minutes from 2021 RSA AGM were approved
The Chairman’s Report included an update on membership numbers being a record high of 88 active members.
The Chairman also mentioned new developments over the past 12 months including the RSA Golf Day, a refreshed RSA Website, RSA Members being identified on the In The Paddock website, the first RSA Racecourse Awards, working alongside ROA and GBR to arrange seven Ownership Days at racecourses, creating new benefits for members and working with BHA on regulation of shared-ownership.
The Chairman reminded members of their responsibility not to create unrealistic expectations to members, especially on the racecourse ownership experience, but stressed that RSA was working hard to encourage racecourses to be as flexible and helpful towards larger groups as possible, particularly in regard to paddock access.
The Chairman paid tribute to Henry Ponsonby who died earlier in the year.
The Chairman announced two RSA Racedays in 2023, a jumps meeting at Warwick on 24th February and a flat meeting Nottingham- date TBC.
He thanked the Committee for volunteering their expertise and time for the benefit of RSA and its members.
– The 2021/2022 Financial Statement was approved
Election of the Committee
– Dan Abraham was re-elected as Chairman
– Tina Dawson was re-elected as Vice-Chairman
– Phil Boyle was re-elected to the Committee
– Simon Double was re-elected to the Committee
– Alex Smith was re-elected to the Committee
– Sam Hoskins was re-elected to the Committee
– Alan Crombie was re-elected to the Committee
– Kim Bailey was re-elected to the Committee
– Tommy Williams was re-elected to the Committee
– Andrew Cambridge was re-elected to the Committee
There was no other business
The date of the next AGM will be agreed by the Committee.